Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Inspiration

The Nike commercials said it best, "just do it". Alongside your ambitions, you'll come across many others with similar ambitions. Although there are some who say they want the same thing as you or they aspire to achieve the same results as you, deep down you know better. Only YOU can do that thing you do. For me it's drumming, writing songs and teaching others what I know about music. There are plenty of songs I want to learn and several styles to master yet they keep changing as I grow. My playing is the culmination of experiences and studies throughout my years but it is also mixed with what I have seen and heard others do. I do not have the same goals nor do I want the same sound. This should be all the confidence I need. I play drums the way only I do. Hopefully you can take that thought away with you and focus on YOU instead of what everyone else is doing.

No comments: